What is social responsibility ?
The Social Responsibility (SR) of organisations (companies, NGO, administrations…) is their commitment to the needs of their interest groups (staff, clients and supplier entities and companies...) in the different areas (occupational, social action, environment, economic, good government and transparency), through voluntary, joint and several involvement beyond what is established by current legislation.
Areas of Social Responsibility
· Good government: internal philosophy, strategy...
· Occupational environment: conflict management, management of human resources and their diversity, training, equal opportunities, conciliation of personal, family and working life...
· Economy: customer satisfaction, relationship with organisations of the same sector, selection of supplier companies, information to consumers, advertising and image, investment...
· Environment: use of resources/natural energies...
· Community: relationship with representatives in the territory such as the public administration, the school world, NGO, sports world...
Society, and therefore the organisations, throughout history have suffered different changes (industrial revolution, knowledge society) to which they have had to adapt.
One of the main characteristics of our society, and one that is well known, is globalisation. This has positive aspects: greater transparency in information, the possibility of developing emerging economies…, but also negative aspects which can be brought down to the great inequalities that are caused and the danger of not safeguarding the environment.
SR must be framed in these final aspects which are those which have led multinationals, international bodies and states to seek and find solutions. Therefore, the future lies with the organisations that anticipate the constant changes that today's society requires, turning them into competitive advantages and sources of added value.
Some of the arguments behind SR are the following:
· Investing in personnel beyond what the law provides gives benefits in the medium and long-term.
· Taking care of the environment beyond the legal obligations also provides benefits in the medium and long-term.
· Commercial relations both with customers and suppliers, are an asset that has to be taken care of if one wishes to grow.
· SR must be understood as a business strategy as it gives organisations added value.
Who is this service for?
Companies based in Mataró.